Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Long Overdue!!

This post is long overdue...we're afraid to upload pictures as our computer warns us that something is nearly full and we'd hate to lose all of our unbacked up pictures. Anyhow, we've been up to lots of busy weekends lately and the boys and I have taken advantage of the cooler weather during the week. Just after Labor Day, Elijah got a new, bigger, bike. He loves it and he switched right over and is popping wheelies and even rode 5 miles with Jeremy to the new McDonald's and back!! (with no help on the hills this time!) Aron, in turn, got Elijah's old bike and we put the training wheels on and he loves riding and is not afraid of the higher bike at all. We're going to try him without training wheels soon, but he's not totally mastered the brakes...kind of crucial :) This morning it rained and they LOVE riding to the spots they know have big puddles in the neighborhood. Both boys were pedaling up a pretty steep hill, hopping on and going as fast as they could pedal down the hill, then pulling their legs/feet up to their chests and splashing through the puddles at the bottom. It looked like fun, but did make me a little nervous with the wobbling when the feet came off the pedals, but no big wipe outs!

Proud Aron on his new big boy bike!

Elijah riding in style!

Riding off into the sunset, literally :) We have daily bike rides after dinner now...Isaac and I walk behind. I can't believe I had this much to say about bikes, but it seems that it's almost a new phase for me as I can walk as fast as I want to again and they can keep up. Jeremy's borrowed his Dad's bike after Elijah kept saying, "I wish you had a bike to ride with me, Dada" :) Thanks, Papa!!

2 comments:

4torock said...

so cute- can u teach my 6 YEAR old how to NOT have training wheels lol-- Your boys so rock :) miss ya!!

Its Me! said...

Your boys are getting so grown-up! I love the picture of Aron riding his new big boy bike - what a cutie! Hope you guys are all doing well! Love Ya! Christie