
I finally got to run my half marathon last weekend. The last one I ran was before I got pregnant with Elijah, but I really wanted to try it again and I loved it!! You all probably think I'm crazy, but I love to run! Not every morning at 6am, but during the race I realized how much I love it! Anyway, I placed 7th out of 140 women and beat my goal time by 4 min. I ran 1:41:49. Jer and the boys came to cheer ("Go Momma!") and Papa and Nana came too. I really appreciated the support and was so happy to see them on the course and at the end! The picture above is before the race, which started at 7:45am in Davidson...early morning for us all! We had a fun day together, but on the way home I got a migraine and got sick when I got home but started feeling better after laying in bed all afternoon...not sure what that was about, maybe dehydrated...not fun whatever it was. I was so thankful to Jer for helping out with the boys all day!

This is where I first saw the fam...mile 10 at the top of a long hill, the course had several steep inclines!

Here I am running through the finish line.

The boys came running to give me a hug afterward and they couldn't wait to wear my medal:)
3 comments:
Way to go, Holly!! I am so proud of you! What a great example to set for your boys. Right now I feel like it is an accomplishment if I make it up the stairs :) but you motivate me to get moving again once this little guy gets here. Congrats on placing 7th...that's awesome!
You're one hot mom! :) Great job, Hol. Congrats on 7th place - and with out gels?? Amazing. Love the pictures. And I don't think you're crazy - I love to run too! Just a little slower than you. :) Love ya!
Congratulations, Holly! I ran my first one last January... after not really running since before Taylor was born. I'm planning to do it again this year. I spent the whole afternoon on the couch as well! :-) You had a great time! I'm a little more leisurely! Love ya!
Post a Comment