Sunday, April 19, 2009

I did it!!!


Early last week, I started to doubt that my goal time for my half marathon was realistic. Jeremy reminded me that I had worked hard and completed all of my training...my goal was 1hr 35 min (7:15 pace) and I came in at 1:34:58!! The second half of the race turned out to be all uphill, so the last miles were truly grueling, but I stuck it out...here I am around mile 11 looking for some energy from Jeremy and the boys.
Erika ran the 10k at the same time and met her goal time as well! Our weekly trips to the YMCA for speed work paid off :)
Here is our cheering section eating Dunkin' Donuts and waiting for the runners...
Our little fans ran to different spots to see us and they would run up ahead and then collapse in random driveways to rest until the Dads and strollers caught up...future runners for sure :)
We had fun after the race with lots of music, free stuff, and our monkey...Elijah :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! It must be so rewarding to see your own fan club cheering you on as you run! What a great example to your boys as well about the pride and accomplishment of discipline, hardwork and perserverance!

But, despite these great character traits, if I was a runner, my boys would probably be more concerned about to WHEN the next race was being held because they LOVE Dunkin' Donuts!!!

Heidi S said...

Awesome race, Hol! Doesn't it feel great to be done? :) Love the pics of you and your cheering section.

Heidi S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! I knew you would do great. Taylor saw your blog and was VERY impressed with your time--it was amazing! You are such an inspiration, Hol. Congrats on all your hard work paying off. :)

4torock said...

You girls rock!! I hope to fit some running in, in the near future!! lol see ya :)

NH said...

Holly -

CONGRATS - you are looking good on this run. Your fans are incredible!

You inspire me to keep up my much more limited excerise.

Nola

Grandma C said...

Congrats Holly and the family support/fan system that allows you to train and run. Wish we could have been there to cheer too.

Thanks for the pics to glimpse the day. Hope you have train well for the next one.

Love you all, Mom & Dad

LCJ said...

Holly! You're awesome. The pictures are awesome! I love your blog!! And I love you and my precious nephews. I love Jer too. That's enough love. See you in a week!!