Friday, February 27, 2009

Isaac

Here is a post just for Isaac...he turned 17 months yesterday. He loves to snuggle, talk, scream/yell, play hide and seek, read books, ride the 4 wheeler, eat, make people laugh, throw rocks, run, swing, be outside, and to know where Dada and Momma are, among many more things...and yes, that's a black eye he's got. The next picture is a better shot.
We were at a family birthday party and at the end of the night he must have tried to climb up on a bar stool. He fell first then it came crashing down on his face. So, he's got his first shiner and this is his tough guy face to go with it :)
We dropped Isaac's morning nap 2-3 weeks ago and this particular day I was sitting right next to him and looked over and he was asleep.
He opened his eyes for about 30 seconds, saw the camera and gave me this grin, then his eyes fell right back to sleep.

On our day with snow, Isaac was only happy in the swing, if we had to be outside.
Isaac has many faces he likes to pull out, often when he's doing something he's not supposed to be doing. The old distraction technique I guess...
Isaac is a great napper in the afternoon now and loves to hold his dog and lion while he's settling to sleep. Here's Isaac with his brothers waiting for the geese. I'm sure they're getting ready to throw rocks at them :) Isaac is starting to play with his big brothers more and more. While I'm in the kitchen, I often notice he's the one chasing his brothers with something and they are all screaming. Good times! Watching these boys grow is amazing and we are grateful for each one of them in our family!!

6 comments:

4torock said...

What great pics of your sweet Isaac:) Love the last one for sure- we need to go throwing rocks ummmm.... I mean watching geese soon!:)xo

Robinsonfam said...

Isaac is such a sweet boy! I can't believe how big he has gotten, it seems like yesterday, that you brought him home from the hospital. And thanks for everything Holl, you new what I needed yesterday. I'll call ya and let ya know the details from today.

Unknown said...

I'm laughing about your description of Isaac chasing his older brothers...sounds familiar! My two oldest get "pinned" by our Isaac all the time and act helpless to defend themselves against the 2 yr. old! It cracks me up. Third boys must have a built in need to keep up with and conquer their older brothers to prove their boyhood!!!

And I love Isaac's squinched up face!!!

Grandma C said...

We love to see the boys and this one dedicated to Isaac shows his growing
personality. I hope he will remember this grandma & grandpa when we get to see him again, which won't be until Cousin Week in PA:(
Thanks for taking the time to keep this up Holly. We'll talk this weekend. It seems like a long time since we've connected in real time.
Love you. Mom & Dad

Grandma C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NH said...

Isaac's smiles are great - thanks for posting them!
Nola